Life Support 3 covers the basics of how to perform CPR, including the diagnosis and treatment for Choking, Bleeding and Shock on an Infant, Child & Adult Casualty.
What’s covered in the award syllabus?
- Awareness of own safety
- Turning a casualty onto their back
- Checking responsiveness
- Sequence and application of CPR for infant, child, adult, and drowned casualties
- Managing regurgitation
- Recovery position
- Use of a pocket mask
- Diagnosis and treatment of choking
Optional first aid:
- Diagnosis and treatment of bleeding
- Diagnosis and treatment of shock
How long does the award take to deliver?
3 hours 10 minutes session (excluding assessment)